[Above: Swords & Shields of the Einherjar]
I was lucky enough to be able to preview the new Thor: Treasures Of Asgard exhibit in the Innoventions building at Disneyland today. The exhibit features several artifacts from Asgard to view while you wait in the queue to enter the “Bifrost”, the cosmic bridge that allows Thor to travel between worlds. You then get to meet the Norse God himself and have a few photos snapped.
My photos below detail the artifacts shown in the exhibit, including:
1) The Swords and Shields of the Einherjar, Odin’s most elite Asgardian warriors.
2) More Swords and Sheaths of the Einherjar.
3) Mace of Hogun, one of The Warriors Three.
4) Sword & Shield of the Lady Sif, one of Thor’s most loyal friends and confidantes.
5) Axe of Volstagg, another of The Warriors Three.
Although the exhibit opens officially for all guests on November 1, 2013, official press previews begin tomorrow October 26 and run until October 28, so expect a flood of more photos tomorrow from various other news sources.
In addition to my own photos (above), Shawn Slater of the official Disney Parks blog was also able to shot his own preview photos today, and they are pretty nice. Take a look at them in his Disney Parks blog article.
Photos: John Glass